Thursday, 22 November 2012

Product Review: Barbie Loves Stila Lip Enamel Luxe Mini Gloss

As much as I love lip products, I'm not a huge fan of lip gloss. They're sticky and you need to re-apply them often ... not things that make me excited. I definitely bought this lip gloss trio purely for the Barbie name, and I'm not ashamed to admit that. :P


Joy; Tickled Pink; Happiness

I was also really intrigued when I read in the description that these glosses contained an ingredient called rhodolea rosea, which is supposed to improve mood and alleviate depression. This definitely makes the names of the colours appropriate!

Onto the actual colours, Joy is a classic red, Tickled Pink is a hot fuscia pink, and Happiness a baby pink - colours you would definitely associate with Barbie, and Valentine's Day for that matter. These are all colours that come in handy for me on a regular basis.


These glosses come in little tubes which you twist up, which releases colour into the brush at the application end. I think Tickled Pink was defective, because it literally exploded everywhere. As for actual application, it's definitely not easy. I really hate these kind of application brushes. What I've been doing is brushing a bit of colour onto my lips (which is always too much) and then spreading it and blending it with a separate lip brush.


Colour payoff is amazing, and definitely live up to the gorgeous colours that are represented in the tubes. I like that if you apply these straight to the lips, they kind of stain the lips and leave a bit of colour even after most of the gloss comes off. However, they are still glosses, and they are still incredibly sticky.

Conclusion? I really like the colours, hate the brush, and still don't like the feel of lip gloss on my lips. I wouldn't buy any more Stila lip glosses.

12 comments:

  1. The colors and pigmentation of them is amazing, must get them for xmas!:)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors

    xxx

    www.sistersandsisters.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame it wasn't as great as hoped. You're right though-the colours are so vivd and beautiful :) Thankyou for being honest!!

    ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these colors!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ice colors I liked your blog, I follow you!
    and if you like mine I hope you like pretty follower :) a kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pigmentation looks amazing but not sure about the actual brand and packaging...a bit gimmicky maybe?

    mollygracewrites.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the actual brand is stila, but the Barbie thing is definitely a gimmick.

      Delete

  7. hi hun,
    I really like your blog and your style..so nice!
    New follower, If you want I'm waiting for you on my blog!

    kiss jexika lyter

    ps there is a gineway on my blog to win 25 coupons ( 20$ ones ) for buy your favorite glasses on firmoo.. till 04 december, 25 readers can win, if you want this is the link love :*

    http://deliciousmakeupfashion.blogspot.it/2012/11/firmoo-glasses-gineway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a lipgloss maniac too, I have them in all different colors and flavors, even chocolate, my favorite:) I am following you on GFC, I'm the one with the chihuahua, his name is Rocky. I hope you will follow me back.

    www.hungrycaramella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. those colors are gorgeous !


    xx Liyana
    LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your lips, Do you want to follow each other?
    If so, follow me and I will follow you back for sure!
    kisss
    http://mydiarynery.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the colors of the glosses! :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete