Sunday, 16 September 2012

Product Review: NYC Sun 'n' Bronze Bronzing Powder in "Fire Island Tan"

NYC was one of the first make-up brands I ever used. I'm talking back to when I was 12-13 and just started playing with make-up. It didn't take me very long to realize that it really wasn't very good stuff and there was much better quality available. After this realization, I hated NYC stuff for a long time.

Until recently! I noticed a lot of beauty vloggers and bloggers reviewing NYC stuff lately, and figured it was worth another shot. The brand is still super cheap, so why not? Even if the products are a let-down, at least I didn't spend much on it.

Anyway, enough rambling, onto the product I'm reviewing! This is the NYC Sun 'n' Bronze Bronzing Powder in the shade "Fire Island Tan", which I got from Wal-Mart for about $4.50.


There are 3 shades of colour in this bronzer - 2 medium shades and 1 dark one. This is definitely on the darker side of the spectrum of bronzers, and I wouldn't recommend it for people with fairer skin tones. I probably won't be able to wear it anymore once my tan fades. I really do love this bronzer though. It has great colour pay-off and is great for contouring. I only wish I'd bought it earlier in the season so I could have used it all summer!


As you can see, this does have great pigmentation. Like I said though, it's pretty dark and it might even look orangey on lighter skin tones. However, this product does come in different shades, and the  "Hamptons Radiance" shade looks like it would be good for paler skin. I might have to buy it for the winter months. ;)

Anyway, I'm very glad I decided to give NYC another chance! Now I just have to check out some of their other products.

3 comments:

  1. This looks like it would be too dark for me! I think NYC is one of those brands everyone used in their pre-teen years! :P

    Great review :)

    xx Veronica

    http://frowardfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYC seems to be a nice brand. I need to try more of their products :)

    www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks excellent! I usually use harmony from Mac but i'm just about at the end of it, I will try this next time for sure!
    Great post :)

    www.thriftyfriday.blogspot.com -This week is "Low Cost Fragrances"

    ReplyDelete