Thursday, 6 September 2012

Product Review: Maybelline 'the Mega Plush' Volum Express Mascara

It's been a while, girls (& guys?)!

I know. I have been horrible at updating my blog. But now that school is back in, and I haven't gone back to school, I should hopefully have more time for my blog again. It's funny how that happens - you think you'll have loads more time in the summer, but it really just doesn't happen.

Anyway! I'm back with a mascara review, one that I promised a long time ago! This is the Maybelline 'the Mega Plush' Volum' Express mascara in Blackest Black.



I am a big fan of Maybelline mascaras, so I had to try this one out. I really like the wand, which is rounded but tapers off towards the end. The size of the brush is reasonable large, but definitely not the largest I've ever seen - I've had no issues with application because the brush is too big. The wand also has a little groove just before the brush begins, and I guess this is kind of supposed to give the brush the ability to swivel. I'm not sure if this really makes a difference in application, but it doesn't make things more difficult, either.



I really like the way this mascara looks on the lashes. It isn't super volumizing, but it does a good job of making your lashes stand out. It's also somewhat lengthening, and does a great job of separating the lashes. The end result is a bit spidery, which I like, but if you're not a fan of that look then this mascara might not be the one for you.

The one thing I don't like is that I couldn't find a waterproof version of this mascara, which is something I definitely look for in a mascara. Don't want any running going on! But other than that, this is a really good product and I recommend it for an everyday look.

7 comments:

  1. I loved this but now I'm using one that I got from Avon. I might have to go back! LOL!

    xo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. makes your eyelashes stand out nicely, looks great

    please take a look, www.happyrebekah.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post!

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it looks! Can't wait to try it on! Great post! :))

    XO,
    http://rosychicc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always here such great things about this mascara, I think I need to try it. I'm following you now, please check out my blog and follow me too if you like it! :)

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought this mascara today and can't wait to try it!

    http://confessionsofacanadianwallflower.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this mascara personally!
    http://thenovemberedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete