Monday, 25 June 2012

Product Review: Revlon Lip Butters

I realize that these products have been out since early spring and that they're basically old news now. But I still wanted to rave a little bit about the wonders that are Revlon Lip Butters. I have this product in 3 shades: Creme Brulee - a nudey-bronze colour; Pink Truffle - a darker wine-like shade; and Sweet Tart - a bright pink.

Creme Brulee, Pink Truffle, Sweet Tart

These lip butters give your lips a sheer wash of colour. They are more pigmented than, say, Maybelline Baby Lips, but definitely not as dramatic as wearing any regular lipstick. In my opinion, they give just the perfect amount of colour, especially for a day-time look.

Creme Brulee, Pink Truffle, Sweet Tart
Creme Brulee

Sweet Tart

Pink Truffle
I am definitely a fan of the nude lip, so I love Creme Brulee. It looks great by itself and worn over other colours. Something I like to do with this shade is to wear it over a darker lipstain to tone down the look. Sweet Tart is my second favourite, and most of the time I just like to wear it alone. Such a great shade that I feel compliments my skin tone really well! And as for Pink Truffle, it's a really nice shade of pink, but for me, it's a little bit much for during the day, even though it is quite sheer.

As these are lip 'butters', one would expect them to be moisturizing. They definitely aren't drying like many regular lipsticks. However, I wouldn't wear one of these alone with the intent to moisturize my lips. Although they do go on nice and smoothly, I would still go for a lip balm first for moisture if I needed it. A lip balm first is not a must though like it is for many lipsticks.

Anyway, my final word is that I really like these lip products, and I think I really need to find a more nudey-pink to finish my collection! There are so many colours offered, I don't think it'll be a problem.

11 comments:

  1. Love the revlon lip butters! Peach sorbet is a great color too!

    xx
    http://beautybyt2.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the rec! I do love peach tones. :)

      Delete
  2. i really wanna try them,but they're not available here

    blogg♥mfashionfreak

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this product and I wear mine as my everyday lip colour. My fave is the cherry tart colour, which gives my lips a natural pink flush x Sushi

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I absolutely love the lip butters, and my favorite has to be Sugar Frosting as it's really natural and just a light pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I have been looking into purchasing one because I hear such great reviews on them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool!You follow me and I follow you )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color "Crème brûlée " it's so nice ! :)

    http://fraish.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all the colours! but my favourite would be creme brulee and sweet tart <3

    following your blog now :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I love the colours, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I may need to pick up Pink Truffle next it looks so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete