Saturday, 9 June 2012

Product Review: Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

I am personally obsessed with lip balms. I hate having chapped lips and so I always carry around some sort of lip balm in my pocket/purse/backpack/whatever to avoid ever having dry lips. When I saw Maybelline New York's Baby Lips, I knew I had to try them out.


I have these lip balms in 30 - Peach Kiss, 05 - Quenched, and 25 - Pink Punch. The first one I bought was Peach Kiss, which was a huge disappointment, because as you can see from the picture above, it completely melted and deformed itself. However, I think it was a problem with the shipment, because as soon as I opened the package, the tube was already gooey like it had begun to melt a long time ago. I have not had this problem with the other two that I've purchased since.


Peach Kiss and Pink Punch provide a sheer wash of colour over the lips while deeply hydrating, while Quenched is a transparent gloss.  These lip balms also contain SPF 20 to protect the lips from the sun, a definite bonus in my opinion, since sunburned lips are extremely unpleasant.

Peach Kiss

Quenched

Pink Punch
As you can see from the pictures, Pink Punch definitely is the most pigmented, but all of them make the lips super shiny. Peach Kiss is actually my favourite to use over other lipsticks, while Quenched is nice when I just want to quickly swipe some lip balm on my lips.

Apart from the way Peach Kiss melted, I love these products. They are long-lasting and they're definitely hydrating, and leave my lips feeling so nice and soft. They go for $7 at Shoppers Drug Mart, which is a bit steep in my opinion for what the product is. However, they're only about $3.50 at Wal-Mart, which is much more reasonable. I recommend this product if you're a fan of lip balms that leave a sheer coat of colour on your lips while hydrating them at the same time.

On another note, thank you everyone who has subscribed to me in the past couple of weeks! I'm only 8 followers away from my giveaway! I have a few products bought for it, and have a few more to buy. Once I get to 100 subs I will do an announcement showing what the giveaway will include, and how to win! Watch for it. :) 

11 comments:

  1. I love these! I have peppermint and pink punch, but peppermint is definitely used the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peach one looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really buy lip balm but these look awesome and the packaging is super-cute. A may have to try one or two out :D

    http://confessionsofasecretshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lip balms as well! It's a shame we can't get these in the UK :(

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi beautiful! great pictures. i love it honey! great combi...you look sooo sweeeett!!!!! i follow you, if your like my blog, follow me back. i have a great international giveaway. big kiss from germany ;***

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im like you, I always take lip balm with me everywhere. These seem like they're really good from what you say. I like the hints of colour. My all time favourite lip balms are the MAC lip conditioners, they're so good and smell really nice too :)


    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING xxx

    Come say hey at Ducklingtoswan.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need my lip balm too..i bring it everywhere and I use it on the lipstick! :)

    Like the pink one

    Marie
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the subtle color tones, lipbalm is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the "International Directory Blogspot"
    For this is the very simple, just follow our blog, enter your Country, your blog url, and you will automatically integrate into the Country list.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world to share with us the different passions, fashion, paintings, artwork, photos, poems and so be able to find in other countries people with similar passions.
    I think this community could also interest you.
    We ask that you follow the blog "Directory"
    Follow our blog gives you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog! Thank you for your understanding
    Please follow our blog is very appreciate
    Have a great day with the hope that you follow our blog "Directory".
    After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
    Regards
    Chris
    I follow your blog, I hope you'll like
    To find out, click on the link below:
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pink punch looks beautiful!
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love maybelline baby lips in peach kiss!!

    ReplyDelete