Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Product Review: Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream

A while ago I decided to buy the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream just to try it out. The B.B. in B.B. creams stands for "Blemish Balm", and these types of products have existed in the Asian beauty market for quite some time. However, they are quite new in Western beauty. Authentic Asian B.B. Creams are formulated to conceal, whiten, moisturize, and soothe the skin. While most Western B.B. Creams cannot be considered 'authentic' B.B. Creams, the fact that they're an all-in-one foundation, moisturizer, and sunscreen made me feel like it would be worth a try.


The Garnier Skin Perfector B.B. Cream claims to hydrate, correct wrinkles and skin imperfections, protect, even, & brighten the skin tone. It contains mineral pigments and Vitamin C, and has an SPF 15 to protect the face from sunburn. The cream is offered in two skin tones - light/medium and medium/dark.

I bought the cream in light/medium, because medium/dark was a little bit dark for my skin, even with my tan. The first thing I noticed about this product was how little product was needed to cover a big area. The tiny swatch I tested in the store covered my whole hand and some of my arm. This means that this seemingly small tube will last a very long time, even if you use it every day.



When using this product, I use it in place of moisturizer and foundation. It does a good job of evening out skin tone and brightening the face, but I find that I still need to use a concealer to cover up under-eye circles and some of the worse red spots on my face. It also does a good job of moisturizing, but I find that it is too greasy for my skin. There is nothing on my bottle about containing oil or not, so I assume that it's not oil-free. I should have known better than to buy any face product that wasn't oil free, since my skin is very oily in the first place. Even when I use a setting-powder on top of this cream, I find that my face becomes oily very fast - something that doesn't happen with my regular foundations.

Bare skin

Wearing Garnier Skin Renew B.B. Cream

I like this idea of this product in the summer, in place of a heavy foundation. It evens out skin tone and brightens quite well, plus the added benefit of being a sunscreen. However, because it makes my skin greasy quite quickly, it is not ideal for my skin, personally. Next time I look for a B.B. Cream to buy, I will have to find one that is oil-free.

Have you tried any B.B. Creams yet?

9 comments:

  1. I have normal to sometimes dry skin, and it even makes my skin look greasy at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that after applying BB cream, it's makes my skin feels oily. So I don't know about this! But amazing review!

    backtofive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ! i was just looking for a bb cream :D

    http://turn-it-insideout.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, great review! I've been considering trying a BB Cream, but I just haven't found one that I think I'll love yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this BB Cream!! I definitely want to try out some more though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice :)http://lajune16.blogspot.com follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found it made my skin super oily as well! awesome review

    http://beautybyt2.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's post is so cute! my congrats! u have a great style!!!

    IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://chicstreetchoc.blogspot.com/
    U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

    ReplyDelete