Monday, 11 June 2012

Product Review: e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit

I recently got a whole bunch of new stuff to try out from e.l.f. (You can check out my haul on that here). While I got a lot of stuff, and a lot of it is great stuff, I have to say that my absolute favourite product from this haul is the Studio Eyebrow Kit, which I got in the colour Ash.



I wasn't sure if I should go for the colour Light or Ash, but I definitely made the right decision. My eyebrows are a hard colour to match, and Ash is the perfect colour!

Anyway, the Studio Eyebrow Kit comes with a pigmented wax to shape and define your brows while filling them in, and a colour complementing setting powder to finish them up. It also comes with a mini double-ended brush, in which one side is thin and angled to apply the wax, while the other is a bit thicker and more fluffy in texture to apply the setting powder.

Pigmented Wax; Setting Powder; both combined
This kit is great for perfecting your eyebrows. And the even greater thing about it is that you can use it in a couple of different ways. The most obvious is to apply the wax and then the setting powder for a clean, finished look. For a more dramatic look, you can just use the wax and skip the powder. For a more relaxed and natural look, you can just use the powder to fill your brows in a bit. I've been doing this on my minimal make-up days (which are often lately, now that the weather's gotten hot) and I like how it neatens things up without being too obvious.

Before

After
See how big of a difference this makes on my eyebrows? And it's super easy to use, so I recommend it if you're new at defining and filling in your eyebrows. And the greatest thing of all - it was only $3!

Do you define and fill your eyebrows with some kind of product? Do you prefer using a pencil, a wax, a powder, or some combination? Let me know what your favourite eyebrow products are, and maybe I'll check them out!

P.S. Only 5 followers away from doing my giveaway! Make sure you follow me on Google Friend Connect if you're not already!

6 comments:

  1. Hello from France
    I am very happy to welcome you!
    Your blog is accepted in the CANADA in a minute!

    On the right side with the books of green! You will find the country with the names of blogs by Country
    Invite your friends to join us in the "directory"
    The creation of this new blog "directory", allow a rapprochement between different countries, knowledge of different cultures and share traditions.et us different passions, fashion, paintings, crafts, cooking, photography, poetry and so be able to find in different countries in other people with similar passions.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world.
    The more people and more opportunities that will, yes, I confess, I need people to know this blog!
    You are in some way the Ambassador of this blog and your Country.
    This is not a personal blog, I create for all to enjoy
    It is you also have to make known after your contacts and friends in your blog domain, the success of this blog, depends all Participants.
    So during your next comments with your friends ask them to come in the 'Directory' by joining in joining in our comments:
    *** I am in the directory come join me! http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/ ***
    You want this directory is more important? help me to make it grow
    Your blog is in the list CANADA and I hope this list will grow very quickly
    Regards
    Chris
    We ask that you follow our blog and place a badge of your choice has to know the "directory" to your friends to put on your blog
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/19/120319072128505749603643.gif
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/24/1203240217091250289621842.png
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/28/120328020518505749640557.gif
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/26/1203260602581250289633006.gif

    If you wish to know the blog of your friends, send me their urls
    I see that you know many people in your country, you can try to get them in the directory?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. Your brows still look so natural after applying it! I'm actually sat here amazed. Usually when I see people filling in their eyebrows it just looks like they had an overgrowth of hair, but this look amazing! Great post :)

    Check out my blog, I tagged you in a post! :)

    http://fauxguru.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look amazing hun :D I'm terrible at keeping my brows in shape. I usually just leave them to do their own thing :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your brows look great! I wonder if this is available in Australia, because it works so well!

    I'm your new follower, maybe I'll see you on my GFC soon :)

    www.iwastakenbysurprise.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your brows look great! The color matches perfectly!

    ReplyDelete