Monday, 18 June 2012

Nail of the Day: Creamsicle

I love this manicure! I usually do not pair orange and pink together, but these pastel colours really seem to go together well. The polishes I used are Nubar "Orange Creme" and Quo by Orly "Cotton Candy". For the thumb I used a piece of tape to make a nice straight line. :) These colours remind me of orange and pink creamsicles, and although pastels are typically more suitable for spring, I think these colours are great for the summer! I am currently also wearing Cotton Candy on my toes and it looks great against my tanned skin.

The only annoying thing about these nail polishes is that both of them took 3+ coats to achieve full opacity. I guess that's what you get with pastel colours. Next time I'm going to try using a white coat underneath to see if it helps - I've heard that it works great with pastel coloured nail polishes.

7 comments:

  1. So pretty! I really love both colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! The white nail polish might help but I also think it makes the nails chip faster. I'd give it a shot though. Great blog BTW, definitely following!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color.. Its seems to be my favorite one, gonna try this. Thanks for sharing and keep writing. simple home beauty tips

    http://beautytips-home.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog!! Would you like to follow each other on gfc and facebook?
    Stephilà Creations-Myfashionblog

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey i nominated you for the one lovely blog award!
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/one-lovely-blog-award.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete