Saturday, 26 May 2012

Product Review: The Falsies Volum Express mascara

I recently bought Maybelline New York's The Falsies Volum Express waterproof mascara in Black Drama. I needed a new waterproof mascara, and I usually go for something volumizing, which I prefer over lengthening mascaras. Also, I had previously heard a lot of good things about The Falsies, and decided I would try it out.


At first glance at the brush, I have to admit that I was scared. The texture and shape of the bristles looked to me like they would cause a big, clumpy mess of my eyelashes. But when I actually applied it, I was pleasantly surprised! It did a really good job of separating my lashes and it wasn't clumpy at all.



 The above pictures show one coat, which as you can see, is not overwhelmingly voluminous. Which is really nice if you're not going for something super dramatic, like a daytime look. But the great thing is that it's definitely buildable. The more coats you apply, the bigger and more dramatic your eyelashes will look.

All in all, I am super impressed with this mascara. I love how you can use it in the daytime and add a little bit more for a more dramatic night-time look. I also love the way it applies - super easy application! The formula is also great - slightly on the wet side but not overly. It doesn't get all over my lower lid if I accidentally blink too soon after applying it, which is a huge pet peeve I have with wet mascaras. If you haven't tried this mascara yet, I think you should! It's really inexpensive too. I got mine on sale for $6 but the normal price is only around $8 - $10, depending on where you buy it.

19 comments:

  1. Got to love good old cheapy Maybelline mascaras - they're always the best!xx
    Samantha's Secret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, wish you a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I absolutely love the falsies mascara, it's definitely my favorite and go-to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love the way the mascara looks on you! I've seen this one in shops too, but haven't tried it, I think I will after seeing how good it is :)

    www.iwastakenbysurprise.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. que bien lo del desfile no?? tiene que ser super emocionante!!
    y el look de hoy me encanta! por cierto el collar es una monada!!
    chicas hoy en mi blog lamaryeta.blogspot.com hago un repaso al estilo de Clémence Poésy, una de mis it girls favoritas!!!
    besitos
    bolsos gucci
    bolsos online de marca
    Bolsos Louis Vuitton
    bolsos online
    bolsos chanel
    bolsos burberry

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dream cream review you requested is up :) hope you find it useful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome mascara. Tried this myself before! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment!
    Follow each other at Bloglovin and Google friend?
    Have a great week!
    http://robertascoolestplaces.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that mascara is really good
    and your blog is lovely

    follow each other?
    Marie
    http://iintothegroove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is probably my all time favorite mascara! I keep buying more when I run out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty eyes! Now following.

    http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure :D I follow back <3 from google friends and bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was thinking of buying this mascara, love reading your reviews :) Now following you! keep it up!

    http://pjcfreckles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all you're blog, I follow u!
    Kisses, http://zapatodetacon.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my favorite mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am always on the hunt for a good mascara! I will have to check this one out! Thanks so much for doing the leg work ;)

    xoxo,
    Chloé

    ReplyDelete