Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Nail of the Day: Pastels

I did another multi-coloured manicure on myself recently. This time I used pastel yellow and pink. I think these colours compliment each other really well, and they seem perfect for spring.

Right hand: 

Left hand: 

The colours I used are Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure "Yellow Kitty" and Quo by Orly "Cotton Candy". I love this yellow so much but it is SUCH A PAIN to apply. It goes on streaky and takes so many coats to come even close to being opaque. I heard using a white coat under pastel colours can help make them opaque with fewer coats, so I will have to try that out next time for sure. Also I am in love with this pink. Even though it reminds me of pepto bismol, lol.

4 comments:

  1. Love the nails! I've been meaning to try out the Sally Hansen nail varnish! thanks for commenting on my blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I really love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, i just tagged you in my 11 questions tag!
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/11-questions-tag.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete