Thursday, 3 May 2012

Nail of the Day: China Glaze "Riveting" & "Stone Cold"

I couldn't wait to paint my nails "Riveting" from the Hunger Games collection after I bought it. What a gorgeous, sparkly, in-your-face colour! Usually I'm not a huge fan of orange, but I love this colour so much. The polish itself also impresses me quite a bit, because you really only need one coat. I used two anyway, just too make sure it was as opaque as possible, but I probably didn't need to. On the downside, it chipped pretty quickly.


After it started chipping, I decided to add "Stone Cold" to the tips, instead of redoing them completely. I know how autumn/Halloween this looks - totally the wrong time of year - but I love it so much!


"Stone Cold" is also from the Hunger Games collection, and definitely one of my new favourite nail polishes. Like "Riveting", you really only need one coat! Without a top coat, it's a lovely matte, ashy colour. Even though it is matte, it still kind of shimmers - it really fascinates me! However, it chips even worse than "Riveting", especially without a top coat. It's still a very nice colour with a top coat, however, the top coat takes away most of the matte effect. So this polish is a little bit tricky.

I got both of these polishes from Nail Polish Canada, by the way. They were a great price for $7.75 each.

4 comments:

  1. I adore this colour - great post!

    xx

    http://girlonbroughtonstreet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this brand of nail polish and the color looks amazing ! Thank you for your nice comment and for following, I am following back both on google friend connect and Bloglovin !

    Fashion and Cookies
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really cool! "Stone Cold" looks absolutely amazing despite the difficulties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, both of those colors are lovely! new follower, can't wait to catch up on your posts :)

    ReplyDelete