Monday, 7 May 2012

Current Favourites - May 2012

Once upon a time I thought I'd be able to do a favourites post every month. That was about a year ago, and that month's favourites post was the only one I've made to date. Realistically, I don't change up the products I use often enough to make an interesting favourites post every month - there would be a lot of the same products month after month. So, I've decided that instead of monthly favourites, I will just make a current favourites post every time that I feel like I have enough new products to share.

Right now, all my favourites are make-up related.

First and foremost is Skindinavia's No More Shine Make-up setting spray. I'm going to mention right now that this is probably always going to be a favourite of mine. I've never been able to find any other product that so effectively controls the oil and shine on my face. All I do is spritz it a few times on my face both before and after applying the rest of my make-up, and I'm set for the day. It's slightly expensive at $32 for a 4 oz bottle, but completely worth it in my opinion.

My next favourite is a lip product - L'Oreal Paris Infallible Rouge Lipstick in Perpetual Peach. As much as I love the look of lipsticks, they usually annoy me so much, just because it's so hard to find one that doesn't come off with the first sip or bite of anything. For that reason, I generally am on the hunt for good lipstains, rather than lipsticks. However, I had heard good things about these lipsticks, and decided I needed to try it out. I must say that for a lipstick, it has incredible staying power. Although it is slightly drying and leaves the lips feeling slightly tacky, it does last for a very long time, which is basically what is important to me. Perpetual peach is exactly the type of lip shade I love - a pinky peach that is more neutral than loud. However, I really want to try some of the bolder colours. I got this lipstick for around $7 on sale.


I am loving bronzers to death, and am constantly looking for new ones to try. However, my favourite bronzer of the moment is a very cheap option, and it doesn't even have it's own name. It is the bronzer that is included in the e.l.f. Shopping Spree palette. I love this bronzer because it is not too light but also not too dark, and it is also quite matte, in comparison to many of the other bronzers I've tried that are shimmery. I just love the way my face looks after using this bronzer to define my face. This entire palette is only $3.

My favourite nail product of the moment is Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength Nail Hardener. I originally bought this in order to remedy my soft, peeling nails. It does an okay job of that, but it also turns out to be an amazing top coat. Using a coat as a base, and then as a top coat, my nails remain chip free for about 3 days, which is VERY good in my books (my job tends to turn out a lot of chipped manicures). It is also incredibly quick drying, which I love. This product is usually about $8 - $10.

My final current favourite is a mascara - Maybelline's the Colossal Volum Express Waterproof Mascara. This mascara comes with a big brush, which I love. It is a bit of a wetter formula, which I do not love, but it does dry quite quickly. It also definitely delivers the volume, and I love the way my lashes look after application. Also, it helps curl the lashes, even if you don't curl them beforehand, so that's nice. It costs about $9 in drugstores.




That is all for now! Let me know what your favourite products of the moment are, and maybe I will try them out! Also, if you have tried any of these products, do you love them as much as I do?

Make sure to check out my random favourites on ETC! 

2 comments:

  1. I use that mascara, love it!

    Also, I just announced my giveaway to win a beautiful necklace, enter to win HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great favourites hun. The e.l.f palette looks fab x

    http://confessionsofasecretshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete