Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara


So about 6 months ago, I started using Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara. I bought it because I wanted to try a high end mascara, and at the same time, it was one of the cheaper options that offered what I was looking for (volume & waterproof). I was also intrigued by the claims that it formed “tiny tubes” around each lash that came off that way when you washed it off. 

Let me tell you; I had a major love-hate relationship with this mascara. For one thing, it smelled WEIRD. I have never in my life noticed mascara having any smell at all, but to me, every time I opened my tube of Lash Injection, I experienced an overwhelming silicone smell, and I found it to be very unpleasant.

Second, it's a very dry formula, and I found it hard to work with at first. However, there are also a lot of nice things about a dryer formula – you don't have to worry about waiting for it to dry like you do with wetter mascaras, and it also builds up a lot easier to give you the most dramatic lashes possible. This was one of the things I missed most when my tube dried up and I started using wetter formula mascaras again. So, althoughtI hated the dry formula at first, it came to be one of the things I loved about it. 

Third, the brush is absolutely HUGE. I do admit to loving huge mascara brushes – CoverGirl LashBlast and Avon SuperSHOCK mascaras are 2 of my favourite ever mascaras, and that has a lot to do with the big brushes they pack. Although a huge brush can make for difficult application, I love the effect it gives. 

I didn't find that it ever washed off in “tiny tubes”, which was somewhat disappointing. But it did stay on incredibly well, and it did volumize and curl my lashes, and make them look better than almost any mascara I've ever tried before. I ran out of my tube about 3 months ago, and although I haven't purchased a new one yet, because of having other mascaras I wanted to use and try, I am seriously considering buying it again. I miss it dearly, even though we had some squabbles. As luck would have it, it doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere right now. I'll have to keep my eyes out – let me know if you see it for sale anywhere!

2 comments:

  1. I have recently found the best mascara I have ever used at Sally's beauty supply, it is called monster lash and it comes in regular and waterproof and it has the biggest applicator I have ever seen, and it is a wet formula (I have only tried the regular) and it does not have any goop at the end of the brush, it separates all my lashes, and I also use the goody teeth brush things that you can floss between each tooth, to also separate my lashes before the mascara dries, but I can also get the bottom lashes just as good with that big honkin brush..so if you want to try something different I would recommend that mascara.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete