Thursday, 1 September 2011

August FAVOURITES!

Alright. I've never done a favourites post before but I really want to start doing them regularly, or at least semi-regularly. My favourite stuff probably won't change all that often so maybe once every couple of months? We'll see how it goes. Anyway, here is my first one, which is obviously for the month of AUGUST, since today is September 1st! (Seriously, August is over already? Sad.)

The first few things are from my recent beauty haul. I promise this isn't just a re-cap of my last post lol. I just love this stuff so much!

Anyway, my first favourite is Urban Decay's Eye Primer Potion. This stuff has definitely become a make-up staple for me. I never knew how much more vibrant and amazing my regular eye make-up could look! And also, it provides serious staying power, and really does prevent creasing and all that. I like how it also works as a concealer. I like to swipe a little of it under my eyes as well as on my lids.


Another Urban Decay product, the De-Slick Oil Control Make-up Setting Spray, has also become a make-up staple for me. You spray this stuff all over your face before you put on any make-up, and again after you're all done. It keeps my face matte better than anything else I've ever tried. It also keeps make-up from melting away from heat and sweat and anything else. I really don't know how I lived before I used this stuff. I have a really oily face and this spray helps SO much.

I spent $50 on this baby, and as much as that pains me, I don't regret it at all. NARS Laguna bronzer & Orgasm blush have been two of the products I've heard the most hype about, and they definitely both live up to the hype. They are just GORGEOUS used together. The bronzer seems like it'll be a good colour to use when I don't have tanned skin, too, but we'll have to wait and see. Anyway, for right now, it's perfect. I love them both so much.
I've been using Rimmel London's Stay Matte Foundation for quite a long time now. I still love it. It's one of the best foundations I've ever used for my skin. Even though I still get oily after a few hours, it does help keep my skin matte for longer than any other foundation that promises the same thing.

I've also been using Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Astringent Toner for Oily Skin for quite some time now, too. I actually just bought my 3rd bottle of it! I love how it lifts excess oil and dirt from my pores, even after I've washed my face and I think my skin is clean. It leaves my skin feeling tingly and tight and has definitely become a must for me, morning and night.




 
I just recently bought Sally Hansen's Crackle Overcoat in black. Actually, the colour is called "Ink Splatter". I was gonna hold out for the O.P.I version, but didn't want to wait anymore, so when I ran into this in Shopper's Drug Mart, I snatched it up! I really wanted the silver too, but they were all out of that one. Anyway. Love it even more than I thought I would! It looks so great over so many colours. I just wanna try it out over EVERYTHING! Lol. Anyway, I definitely don't regret this purchase.


My last favourite of this month is an entire outfit!

I am seriously in love with everything about it and I just want to wear it every single day! White top & heart sunglasses are from Urban Outfitters, pink tank top from Ardene, and shorts from Forever 21.

That's it for my fashion/beauty favourites for August. Some of my random favourites include watching Toddlers & Tiaras episodes on YouTube (I don't know why! It's such an awful, creepy, crazy show, but I am addicted!), my trip to Toronto the first week of August(!!!), and watching Ingrid (TheGridMonster) and Luke (lukeconard2) vlog every day in August.



2 comments:

  1. Ooo i'll have to check out the stay matte foundation! I have super oily skin, so maybe this will help with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use some of these and they really do work good!
    im now following :)
    Check out mine if you want too
    http://fashioncaradee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete