Friday, 19 August 2011

Beauty/Make-up Haul - Shoppers Drug Mart & Sephora

HELLO! I have been super MIA lately and I am sorry. I've just had a super busy summer, one of the busiest in my life. For one, I've been in school the entire time, getting some required courses for my psychology degree out of the way (Research Methods & Statistics, if you were wondering). Besides that, I've gone on a bunch of little mini-trips, and parties, and have been going out nearly every weekend. It's been fun! But anyway, to the point of this post. :)

I've been spending a LOT of money lately. And it's bad. But whatever lol. And I've been spending a lot of that money on make-up/beauty products because I've just been feeling like I should own better quality stuff that actually works/stays/etc.
So to start out with, from Shopper's Drug Mart:

I love... Strawberries & Milkshake exfoliating shower smoothie.
I think this was about $5. I don't know, I can't remember, it was a couple weeks ago. Anyway, I just really needed a new body scrub and I wanted something from Bath & Body works but I haven't been able to get over there in a long time, and this just sounded delicious. It really smells amazing. And I like how it's from a squeeze bottle, and not a jar or something like that.



Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Line Smoothing Eye Cream - $31.
I've been hearing for a long time that I should start using eye cream, since I'm in my 20s, just to prevent future wrinkles. And then my friends were having a discussion about it and I decided to go out and buy one. This one offers not only wrinkle reduction/prevention, but also helps to eliminate puffiness and dark circles, which I do have, so I felt like it was more worth buying since there might actually be visible results. :)



Okay, and now from SEPHORA! I've never shopped much at Sephora before because it has higher brands of make-up and is obviously more expensive than the usual drug-store stuff I buy. But I really wanted some good products and felt like spending the extra cash would be worth it.

 Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - $23.
I LOVE THIS STUFF. I've wanted it for a while because I heard of how good it was at making eyeshadow colours more vibrant, and preventing them from creasing/fading throughout the day. And it really lives up to all of those promises. You only need the tiniest bit, too. I am definitely devoted to this stuff now.



 Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion - $24.
I haven't tried it yet because I ordered it in the mail and my shipment just came yesterday, but if it's as good as the eye primer potion, I know I won't be dissapointed. I've wanted a lip primer for a long time because I love lip stick but it never lasts long enough for me to justify wearing it. By the time I get where ever I'm going, it seems to have come off already. This primer also has an SPF 15 and is supposed to be moisturizing rather than drying. Sounds good to me. 



Urban Decay/Skindinavia De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray - $35.
Ever since I heard of Skindinavia sprays, I've wanted the oil-control one. When I saw that Urban Decay teamed up with them and I could get one in my Sephora order, I was so excited. It's like a hairspray for your face. I'm really excited to try this out. I have a serious shine problem and this could be the solution!


  NARS Orgasm Blush/Laguna Bronzer duo - $50
 Okay, I can't really believe I spent $50 on bronzer/blush. But it's both of them. And I've always wanted the Orgasm blush. And usually they go for $30 each. Bigger yes, but STILL. I am excited to try these out too and I'm just going to stop thinking about how I spent $50 on them lol.





Lastly; Two-Faced Lash Injection in Pitch Black - $28.
I really needed a new mascara. And I needed an extra purchase to push the $120 free shipping price. Lmao. Seriously though, this is supposed to lengthen and volumize, plus it's waterproof, and it comes off your lashes in little tubes! How cool. I am excited to try it out today. :)

2 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog! and I love it!

    Please check out my blog! I would love some feedback <3

    http://swirlyy.blogspot.com/

    <3 S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I followed! Please check out my blog and follow if you like! Thanks. http://camigmakeup4u2c.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete