Thursday, 30 June 2011

Packing for a Weekend Trip

It's Canada Day weekend, & my parents have rented a cottage in Grand Bend from today until Saturday. So, obviously this is a super short weekend trip away, and there is absolutely no need to pack very much, especially considering I'm going to be spending most of the weekend on the beach. Still, I have a serious problem with overpacking. I really tried not to, but still ended up with a bulging suitcase! I always just think 'what if..?' for so many different situations, and pack way more stuff than I need. Even though I can buy pretty much anything there, and I know I'm gonna be going shopping. =/ Anyway, I did manage to narrow it down a little bit.



To begin with, I'm wearing a pair of denim shorts, a t-shirt, and a pair of flip flops. Also I'm carrying a cardigan with me.
In my suitcase, I packed: 3 pairs of underwear, 1 bra, 2 bathing suits, a bathing suit cover-up, another pair of denim shorts, a tank top, pajamas, & a pair of jeans and a sweater for if it gets cold at night. I also packed a towel, my hair dryer, and my laptop. I had a real hard time deciding whether to bring my hair dryer & straightener, since I do use them both every day, but at the same time, I'm probably only going to be showering there once, and I'll probably be on the beach anyway. So I decided on just the hair dryer. And I know I probably can survive without my computer for a couple of days, but we're also bringing some DVDs for my nephew and I was gonna hook it up to the TV so that he could watch them.

In my toiletries bag, I have: mouthwash; my toothbrush and toothpaste; my glasses, contact case, and contact solution; face wash; deodorant; body lotion; body spray, and a loofah. I didn't need to bring shampoo, conditioner, or body wash because my mom is bringing some full sized ones for everyone to use. As for make-up, I packed: tinted moisturizer, face powder, bronzer, a brown eyeshadow trio, a white eyeliner, a brown eyeliner, a face brush, blush brush, and eyeshadow brush, and a lipstick and chapstick.

And then I have my purse, in which I'm bringing a couple of books and my ipod.

Yup... too much right? :P Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment